A smoldering bathroom fan caused an early-morning fire Monday at a small apartment complex in the 34000 block of Vaux Hill Drive in Paw Paw. A mother and her 4-year-old daughter were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, Paw Paw Fire Chief Rick Try told WSBT. “They were checked out by Van Buren EMS and they are fine,” he said. Firefighters and Van Buren EMS were called at 1:45 a.m. Occupants of all apartments were evacuated, Try said. By 3 a.m., residents of all apartments, except the fire site, were able to return to their residences.