Two adults and two children escaped safely from their White Pigeon home after an apparent electrical problem sparked a fire above the porch early Friday morning. Tyler Royce, assistant chief of White Pigeon Township Fire Department, told WSBT the family was not able to return to their home because electric service has been turned off until repairs are made. The house had minimal fire damage, Royce said. Firefighters were first called to the house in the 300 block of South Company Street around 12:15 a.m. Constantine firefighters responded as mutual aid for White Pigeon firefighters, who remained at the scene for about 2 hours. Neither the family nor any firefighters were injured.
View Larger Map