Cooking Time: 25 min
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (see Note)
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and peanuts. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion and pepper are soft.
- Add chicken broth, water, sesame oil, salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil. Add rice; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.