For our Easy Beef Wellington, beef tenderloin steaks are wrapped in convenient frozen puff pastry dough along with a flavor-packed mushroom mixture then baked up to create a company classic.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (17-1/2-ounce) package frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick medium skillet, cook the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and cut each in half crosswise. Spoon mushroom mixture onto center of each of the 4 pieces of puff pastry, distributing evenly.
- Season both sides of the tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper; place over mushroom mixture. Bring corners of pastry up over steaks; using your fingers, pinch corners and edges together to seal completely. Place seam-side down on baking sheet, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden, and tenderloin is cooked to medium-rare, or to desired doneness beyond that.