No need to head to the drive-in or the border to enjoy our juicy, sink-your-teeth-into-'em Stuffed Border Burgers right at home. This inside-out cheeseburger is sure to turn mealtime into a fiesta.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, olives, ketchup, and taco seasoning. Shape the mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties.
- Fold cheese slices into quarters; place cheese in center of each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve on rolls.