KNOX — A stand-off between the suspect in a domestic battery and police ended after several hours Saturday morning when the suspect’s arrest.
A Starke County Sheriff’s Department news release issued just after 10 a.m. gave these details:
- At 4:31 a.m. Saturday, police were called to 8940 East Long Lane Drive after a woman called police saying she had been battered. The suspect was identified as Andrew Glover.
- Sheriff’s deputies and a Knox City Police officer came to the residence and tried to talk with the suspect.
- Police believed there were three children also in the house and the suspect had weapons.
- Negotiations with the suspect failed and Indiana State Police SWAT members were called.
- After SWAT negotiated with the suspect, he came out of the house and was taken into custody.
A sheriff’s department dispatcher could not confirm whether the children were in the house and/or whether they were rescued safely. No information was available about the woman's condition. The incident remains under investigation.