Whimsical and scrumptious, our eye-catching easy Easter Bunny Cake will probably become one of your go-to Easter recipes every year. This Easter dessert will surely take the cake.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 (16-ounce) cans white frosting
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 drops red food color
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel
- Bake cake mix according to package directions for one 8-inch round baking pan and one 8-inch square baking pan. Make sure batter is divided equally so layers are the same height. Let cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place round cake layer on a large platter.
- Cut 2 semi-circles out of square layer on two opposite sides, leaving a bow-tie shape. Place the cut pieces of cake on the platter, forming ears. Place remaining piece of cake at bottom of round cake, forming a bow-tie (see photo).
- Frost entire cake with frosting.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut and food color, stirring until coconut turns pink. Place coconut inside the ears and around sides of cake.
- Place cherries to make the eyes and nose. Use the gel to make whiskers, mouth, and center of bow-tie.
- Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.