The age-old struggle to find ways to get everyone to eat their vegetables just got easier. Our incredibly delicious Vegetable Pasta Toss is so colorful and tasty, they may even ask for second helpings.
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slivers
- 1 large fresh zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add onion, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until onion begins to brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, stir in zucchini, asparagus, and garlic, and continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture and heat 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and spinach to pasta; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.