A house caved in on itself in Lakeville Tuesday. It was first reported as an explosion.
It happened around 1 p.m. in the 200 block of Mott Street, behind the Hilltop Restaurant.
The woman inside was watching television when she heard a crackling from the basement and then a loud boom. She noticed damage in the front of her house and then help arrived.
"He broke in the doors,” said homeowner Vera Gouker. “One comes into the kitchen. He says ‘Come on, you’ve got to get out of her now.’ And I said ‘I have to get my things.’ ‘No, no. Now!’"
Turns out the water lines to the house broke and caused a wall to cave in, which in turn caused a gas leak.