ELKHART -- A man is dead after a fatal fire in Elkhart late Friday night.
Crews responded to a report of a house fire in the 1600 block of West Lexington Avenue just after 11 p.m. Friday night.
Neighbors say that 64-year-old Jon Hicks was pulled out of a window by firefighters and paramedics tried to resuscitate him on the front lawn, but he was later taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Elkhart county coroner says he died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, a result of trying to breathe during the fire.
Investigators say the fire started in the living room of the home in the area of an entertainment center. They believe the fire was electrical.