Smoky bacon and the crunch of a sweet and tart apple add novel touches to our fresh homemade Apple Bacon Coleslaw. This coleslaw recipe teams well with picnic and grill favorites.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 large apple, diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Add coleslaw mix and apple, and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with bacon and serve, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you prefer your coleslaw chilled, refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. And if you can never get your fill of bacon, we've got loads of other bacon recipes for you to check out!