This awesome recipe for cake-like mocha-flavored brownies will surely earn you brownie points, no matter who you bake these for. With a hint of coffee running through the batter, Brownie Point Brownies will perk up everyone's taste buds.
Yields: 9 brownies
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine hot water and instant coffee granules over medium heat; stir until coffee is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar and butter, and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan then cut into squares.