It's not easy getting finicky eaters to dig into their veggies, but if we sneak 'em into our pasta, we have a better shot. Linguine with Eggplant is chock-full of fresh herbs, spices and veggies...so every forkful is packed with tasty nutrition.
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplant (about 1 pound total), cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, cook linguine according to package directions and drain. Place linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute eggplant 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Add garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, and linguine, and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately.