We’ve all heard that firefighters are known for their talents in the fire station kitchen, so we’re sharing a hot idea for a hearty Fire Station Chili that’ll get you all fired up. Don’t be alarmed…it’s simple!
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Add ground beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
For a spicy kick, add 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce to the other ingredients.