Panna cotta is a chilled Italian-style dessert with a custard consistency. It may have a fancy name but this panna cotta recipe is easy as can be! Serve it when you want to impress, and you're sure to be on the receiving end of loads of raves!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 6 hr
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
- Remove mixture from heat, add softened gelatin mixture, and stir to completely dissolve gelatin.
- Strain hot mixture into a large glass bowl then carefully pour or spoon mixture into custard cups. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, garnish with your favorite berries or sauce.