SOUTH BEND — Fire crews were dispatched to a South Bend business early Tuesday morning after a fire broke out in a restaurant kitchen.
Firefighters were dispatched to the 1400 block of Mishawaka Avenue, to the Jeannie's House restaurant (formerly the White House restaurant,) on the report of a fire.
That's just across the street from Adams High School.
According to our WSBT photographer at the scene, heavy smoke was coming from the building when fire crews arrived.
All occupants of the restaurant were safely evacuated.
It is believed a grill in the kitchen started the fire.
As of 8:30 a.m., streets are open again to traffic, according to South Bend police.