Take your tastebuds to a "Little Italy" bakery when you make our easy cannoli-inspired cheesecake. Every forkful of this creamy, rich Cannoli Cheesecake will earn you a thumbs up!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat creamcheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine grahamcracker crumbs, chopped almonds, and melted butter; press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool. (Leave the oven on.)
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine ricottacheese, yogurt, sugar, flour, almond extract, and orange zest until well combined; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Stir in ricotta mixture and chocolatechips until well combined. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool 30 to 45 minutes, then refrigerate overnight before serving.